Eight Reasons to Choose Our Office
- Experience: Since 1984 Dr. Ettinger has worked with patients who have vision problems that interfere with reading and learning.
- Dr. Ettinger is a board-certified developmental/behavioral optometrist who designs and monitors all of our treatment programs. “Board certification” means that Dr. Ettinger has gone through extensive testing to show that he is extremely knowledgeable in the areas of developmental/behavioral optometry and vision therapy.
- All of our vision therapists are either board-certified or are working to complete their board certification process. Vision therapists can only be board-certified if they work under a board-certified optometrist. Few if any vision therapists are board-certified in New York City outside of our office.
- One-on-one sessions: We conduct 45 minute one-on-one sessions. Dr. Ettinger monitors each patient’s progress.
- Multiple sessions per week: We offer this scheduling for dramatic life improvement in a short period of time.
- Sensory-motor integration: We use cutting-edge technologies and procedures to promote sensory-motor integration and to achieve maximum results.
- Visual Learning (VL): This is vision therapy with a cognitive finish. VL was developed over 25 years ago by a behavioral/developmental optometrist, a psychologist, and an educator. Students graduating from VL consistently excel in academics. We are one of the few offices in the entire nation using VL.
- Unlike many vision therapy programs, we treat the whole person rather than just the eyes. The key to excellent results is the timely use of visual-motor activities, peripheral awareness, nutritional knowledge and visualization procedures.